facebooktwitterinstagrampinterestrss feedemail

Saturday, September 14, 2013

coral, mint, gold & navy baby shower

Ok so my brother and his wife are having a baby.  A baby girl.  Like any day now.  CAN'T WAIT!! This will be the first baby girl in our family and we all couldn't be more excited.  Leggings, headbands, ruffles, RUFFLE BUTTS, need I say more?? 

To celebrate their transition, I helped her friends throw a baby shower for the happy couple.  Since it was a couples shower, we went more with a party theme and less of a baby theme.  

The baby's room is coral, mint, gold and navy so we knew these had to be the colors for the shower.  
I don't have a ton of images right now but as I get more, I'll be sure to share them here.  Drumroll please..... 
Aren't those jars fun?  One of the girls had this idea and I just love how they turned out.  We took mason jars, spray painted them, and then painted them with a mod podge/glitter mixture.  Another friend did the flowers and they are to die for.  Flower arranging is one skill I don't have so I'm super impressed. 
Here's a view from my family room.  We had the whole party in the backyard.  We moved basically my whole house out there and then borrowed a bunch of furniture too.  That's one of my favorite things about living in Southern California - summer nights are a dream and I love summer night backyard parties.  Trying saying that four times fast.  
Here's my patio....obviously all patio furniture removed.  I love creating little seating areas for people to enjoy at parties.  
 The dessert table!  The parents-to-be LOVE sweets so we made this table a focal point.  
Ok there is so much more I want to share here so as I get pictures, I promise I'll post them here.  Oh and all of that fringe?? I have a ton left over so if anyone wants any, let me know.

All of these pictures are courtesy of Alexander Aquino Photography and Design.  He has such a great eye for photography and am so happy we have these!  You can view his website at www.alexanderaquinophotography.com. Thank you, Alex!
ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment