facebooktwitterinstagrampinterestrss feedemail

Thursday, July 5, 2012

happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone!!  Out here, we affectionately call it the "Friends' Holiday" meaning every year we spend it with our friends and J's little friends.  We go to the Rose Bowl, have a big picnic on the golf course (yes, we even park on the golf course...avid golfers everywhere are crying) and then watch the fire works.

It is always soooo much fun to be with friends and now, with all of the babies, it's so fun to see them play and enjoy being with each other.  Here is my little monkey on the 4th.


He basically only wanted to cruise around the stroller the entire time.  We were nervous about how he would do being up so late and with the fireworks but he did great!  He was so distracted so being up late wasn't an issue.  And the fireworks?? Loved them.  At one point, he was pumping his arms up and down and making a bunch of delighted noises.  Success!!


Matt loves holidays so much and I've enjoyed getting into them with him.  Here is our little family all decked out.  


All the mommas with their babies.  


Here we are last year.  I can't believe how much has changed....mainly Jonathan is here and almost ONE and Lindy is gonna have another little nugget in September!  Can't wait.  Oh, and Beckett has a lot more hair :)


And here are all of the proud dads!

As we were watching the fireworks, I had my sweet boy snuggling in my lap and my wonderful husband sitting beside me.  I was surrounded by wonderful friends and their babies.  I couldn't help but feel so blessed.  Blessed for our freedom, for God's love, and for the community we have around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment