facebooktwitterinstagrampinterestrss feedemail

Saturday, November 9, 2013

winnie the pooh halloween

Oh man.  Matt and I went back and forth so many times with what Jonathan should be for Halloween this year.  You see, this is the last year that we'll be able to pick his costume.  We wanted it to be something that reflected this stage and something he'd love. 

At first, we were going to do Mater.  Our boy loves him some Mater.  We were collecting supplies and getting ready to make it and then went to Disneyland for the weekend.  We took him on his favorite ride, Winnie the Pooh, and he got to meet Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore.  He gave them hugs, called them friends, and was seriously over the moon the whole time.  
While on the ride, Jonathan was sandwiched between Matt and I and pointed to each character, screamed their name, sang along to the music...he was in heaven.  I took one look at Matt over Jonathan's sweet fuzzy head and said, "Winnie the Pooh.  He has to be Pooh."  

You see, the thing is that he is so sweet.  He is a toddler and definitely all boy but he still seems so little and has such a sweet spirit.  I wanted to look back on this Halloween and remember him that way.  We'll have plenty to come where he can do all of the big boy stuff.  

So this post probably seems rather sappy for a Halloween post.  But really, it all felt like so much more to us.  We are trying to soak up this stage with our little guy and my momma heart can't handle the fact that he's getting so big! 
Yesterday I saw About Time and I loved it.  Go see it.  But the theme is totally about enjoying the everyday parts of life.  To see beauty all around you and soak up what matters.  It was beautiful.  And this is so where I am at.  Some things have been hard but I am soaking up this life.  This stage we are in, my amazing husband, my precious boy.  All of it.   
ellie

1 comment: